Homemade Wax - Homemade Wax using Sugar
- Granulated sugar - 2 cups
- Lemon juice - ¼ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Take a saucepan and mix sugar and lemon juice in it.
- Put it on a low flame.
- Make sure you stir the mixture every now and then.
- Turn the flame off once the contents turn into a thick brown-colored liquid.
- You must remember that this hot wax can burn your skin, so wait till it cools off.
- Brown sugar - 1 cup
- Lemon juice - ¼ cup
- Honey - ¼ cup
- Molasses - a pinch
- Cornstarch - a pinch
- Take a saucepan or a skillet and mix lemon juice, honey, molasses and sugar in it.
- You could put it on a low flame or you could also mix the ingredients and put them into a microwave safe bowl.
- If you are using a microwave, start by pouring the sugar in a microwave safe bowl.
- Mix honey and molasses into it.
- Put this bowl into the microwave for about 3-4 minutes.
- Take the bowl out and add lemon juice into it and stir.
- Now place the bowl again into the microwave.
- Remove it once the sugar has dissolved completely and it has a smooth consistency.
- Use a glass jar to store this mixture.
- Before applying this wax, dust the area with cornstarch and then apply this homemade wax for hair removal.
Now that you know how to make homemade wax, you don't need to go to a beauty parlor for hair removal, you could apply this homemade wax at home. Are you aware of the waxing techniques? Not doing it in the right manner might irritate your skin. So, use these waxing tips so that you don't end up damaging your skin.
- Once you have prepared the wax, let it cool and use hot water warmers to warm it.
- Check the temperature before applying it on your skin. It should not be boiling hot.
- Use a butter knife to apply wax. Make sure you apply it in the direction of your hair's growth.
- Now you need to place the waxing strip and pull it against the direction of hair growth.
- Washing the area with cold water or wiping it with a damp cloth will soothe the skin.
- Since waxing can rob the skin off its natural oils, you need to apply a moisturizer to your skin.
- Since wax is sticky, it is advisable to spread an old bed sheet while waxing otherwise wax might drip all over the place and make it messy.